See more images here.
Archive for the 'Cars' Category
Tags: Footage, London
Tags: Alfa Romeo, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, website
Tags: Bugatti, Sang Noir, Veyron
Twelve images of the Bugatti Veyron Sang Noir here.
Tags: Car Companies, Car Logos, Logos
If you have any interest in cars you will want to read this over, it describes the history of car logos and their meaning from Abarth to Volvo. Click on the logo and see a higher resolution version. One of the more interesting being Alfa Romeo.
I found this on jalopnik.com
Tags: driverless vehicles, General Motors
From the breitbart.com article:
Cars that drive themselves—even parking at their destination—could be ready for sale within a decade, General Motors Corp. executives say.
GM, parts suppliers, university engineers and other automakers all are working on vehicles that could revolutionize short- and long-distance travel. And Tuesday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas GM Chief Executive Rick Wagoner will devote part of his speech to the driverless vehicles.
“This is not science fiction,” Larry Burns, GM’s vice president for research and development, said in a recent interview.
The most significant obstacles facing the vehicles could be human rather than technical: government regulation, liability laws, privacy concerns and people’s passion for the automobile and the control it gives them.
Much of the technology already exists for vehicles to take the wheel: radar-based cruise control, motion sensors, lane-change warning devices, electronic stability control and satellite-based digital mapping. And automated vehicles could dramatically improve life on the road, reducing crashes and congestion.
If people are interested.
See the article here.
Tags: 600 HP, Chevrolet, chevy, corvette, ZR1
2009 Corvette ZR1
* A stunning new benchmark in Corvette performance
* With its 600+ horsepower LS9 supercharged V8, ZR1 is capable of 200+ mph on the test track
* 6.2 Liter V8 with Eaton TVS Supercharger and intercooler
* Massive Brembo Carbon Ceramic Brakes
* Visible carbon-fiber roof, roof bow, rocker extensions and front air splitter
* Carbon-fiber domed hood with a window to the supercharger
* Unique carbon fiber dual cove front fenders
* 19-inch front/20-inch rear, 20-spoke wheels on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.
Bugatti Veyron “Pur Sang”
The original Bugatti Veyron is a masterpiece of engineering and design but the “Pur Sang” takes it a step further.
See more pictures here.